We were horrified that Bob was in such bad shape because of our negligence. From that point onward, we pledged to be better stewards of our plant. The next day, we finally looked hard enough to find a suitable pot. We also bought some good potting soil and some Miracle-Gro fertilizer. Bob was going to need all the help he could get.
Cautiously and vigilantly, we nurtured Bob back to health. Now, our plant has a bunch of new growth. He's perky and healthy. To be sure, Bob is a vibrant addition to our apartment!
Here's how Bob looks now:
Through our ordeal, we learned some powerful lessons about growing a house plant:
- House plants need a proper foundation. This includes good soil and a pot that is large enough for the roots to take hold.
- House plants need the right amount of water. Too little water can cause the plant to wilt. Too much water can also cause wilting. We found that watering Bob once every couple of days is the right amount of care.
- House plants need to be given the right amount of space. When we left for a week, that was too much space. But, when we were initially hovering over our new plant, we just about smothered the life out of Bob.
As I said at the beginning of this post, Bob has had a turbulent first few months in our house. Now, his outlook is good and we are seeing signs that Bob will be a beautiful part of our apartment for some time to come. Here's hoping that our economy experiences a similar change of course.