1. Adbrite: I added some ads to the blog.
2. Mankiw links to AP: "Bend the curve" or "Raise the Curve"
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? Human Carpet? Weird.
4. Bellman: Dynamic Programming.
5. Stokey, Lucas, Prescott: Recurive Methods in Economic Dynamics.
Links #4 and #5 are textbooks for graduate macroeconomics. I have a big macroeconomics exam today.
With regard to #1, you might see some double-underlined words on the blog. Don't be alarmed. Those are some of the new advertisements. You might also get a welcome screen ad. If you do, don't worry: you're in the right place. You can "skip this ad" in the upper right hand corner, or you could let the ad draw you in... I'll leave the choice to you.
As I'm experimenting with some money-making ventures with the blog, please let me know if you find the ads too intrusive (e-mail: thisyoungeconomist AT gmail DOT com). My number one priority is to write a good blog. If advertisements get in the way, I need to know.